How To: Get Reese Witherspoon’s Natural Look
Posted by The Daily Obsession
on April 7, 2009
We simply adore Reese Witherspoon and think she’s totally gorgeous. We also think she’s been making more smart, but bold fashion choices lately. We particularly liked her fashion-forward Rodarte dress at a recent premiere and thought her makeup complimented the choice appropriately.
We wondered how to get a similar naturally gorgeous look and asked celebrity makeup artist Melissa Walsh to help us out! “Reese’s look is natural with a modern twist,” says Melissa. “The matte pink lips rather than the usual neutral shade update a classic and give it a new fresh feel.” To get the look, follow Melissa’s instructions behind the cut.
1) Start with a light base of a glowy tinted moisturizer such as Jouer Luminizing Tint and conceal any areas that need extra help. Then brighten under the eyes with a product especially formulated for the job like Smashbox Photo Op. Next, dust a very fine milled translucent powder all over the face to eliminate shine but still keep an ethereal quality to the skin.
3) On the eyes, start with a light camel colored semi matte shadow all over the lid (Urban Decay has a great selection), deepen the crease with a slightly darker brown shade, but be careful not to be heavy handed. Blend well.
4) Define the lash line with a liquid eyeliner pen. (Melissa likes Hourglass Calligraphy in Ebony.) Shade under the lower lash lines with a light brown pencil; Cargo Eye Pencil in Wood is a good shade. Two coats of volumizing mascara finishes the eyes and adds extra depth.
5) Fill in your eyebrows lightly with a color that is as close as possible to your natural shade. Melissa uses Tarte Toolbox, which has a combo of brow gel and wax, to keep them in place!
6) The cheeks are a bronzey shade, which you can do double duty with your usual bronzer by shading under the cheekbones and topping with a slight shimmer on the apples.
7) The lips can be achieved by using some lip balm, followed by a lip pencil in a light pink shade. Josie Maran Lip Liner in Blush is a good choice to keep the look matte and long lasting.
To check out the full piece including pictures go to: http://thedailyobsession.net/2009/04/how-to-get-reese-witherspoons-natural-look/