- Leading up to the time in question I suggest getting your eyebrows and eyelashes dyed. Unless you are naturally very dark this makes a huge difference to your face.
- Use eyelash curlers and eyedrops to give yourself a wide awake doe eyed look in seconds - I love Naphcon A eyedrops http://www.cvs.com/ and Talika heated eyelash curlers http://www.talika.com/
- To combat puffiness and minimize dark circles use a product such as Instant Eye Tuck & Dark Circle Treatment combined with Illuminating Eye Cream by http://www.easyeyesolutions.com/ to look instantly brighter.
- Use a little petroleum jelly on your eyebrows to keep them in place. on your lashes to give them a sheen and on your cheekbones to highlight.
- Have a facial a few days before to give yourself a glow and get rid of rough patches, not one that brings out blemishes, more of a soothing one with a facial massage.
- Use a serum in the morning that revs up circulation to give your face a touch of natural color, like you've just been for a run. My choice is Morning Recovery Serum by Orlane http://www.orlane.com/
- To give your lips some color and fullness use Beautifull Lips by Janson Beckett http://www.janson-beckett.com/ this is a moisturizer that plumps lips and brings out their natural rosiness. It's not glossy so it's not cheating!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I've been watching Hoda and Kathie Lee on the Today show on NBC these past few mornings and tomorrow they are going to go live on TV makeup free! This got me thinking to how you could look your best without any makeup whatsoever. If you find yourself in this situation - maybe camping with a new boyfriend and you don't want to seem high maintenance for instance, here's how to prepare: