Friday, May 1, 2009

Things I buy more than once

As a professional makeup artist and self confessed beauty junkie I get to try pretty much every product on the market. The true test of how good a product is for me is if I buy it again and again. This is a list of those items:

Clarifying Cleanser by Murad http://www.murad.com/ - by far the best wash I have ever used for keeping those dreaded monthly breakouts at bay.

Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser by Liz Earle www.lizearle.com - my friend Joolz first introduced me to this unbelievable cleanser, it gets even the hardest to remove makeup off and leaves your skin looking like you just had a facial.

Alpha Derma CE by Janson Beckett http://www.janson-becket.com/ - an amazing moisturiser that isn't greasy at all and tightens the skin instantly.

Beautifull Lips by Janson Beckett http://www.janson-beckett.com/ - I use this every day to plump my lips and give them a natural rosy glow.

Veil Fluid Foundation by Hourglass Cosmetics www.hourglasscosmetics.com - a great natural looking foundation that covers and tightens the skin in one step.

Secret Brightening Powder in no.2 by Laura Mercier www.lauramercier.com - I can't even count how many pots of this I've gone through. I use to to brighten under the eyes but also all over the face as a loose powder for a soft glowy effect.

Beauty Elixir by Caudalie www.sephora.com - this facial mist really smooths and freshens the skin leaving it looking dewy and can be used under or over makeup.

Calligraphy Eyeliner by Hourglass Cosmetics http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/ - a felt tip like eyeliner pen that enables you to do a cat like eye effortlessly.

Smoky Eyes Mascara by Makeup Forever www.makeupforeverusa.com - this mascara gives deep black, long, thick and feathery lashes all in two coats.

Jumbo Eye Pencil in 502 by Sephora www.sephora.com - I buy this pencil in bulk just in case they ever decide to discontinue it! It creates a natural looking glistening eye when used lightly inside and around the lash line but can become a shimmery smoky eye when used over black eyeliner. I use this on everyone.

Cream Tint in Orchid by Jouer Cosmetics http://www.jouer.com/ - don't be scared of the deep red of this tint, it gives a gorgeous just back from the beach flush to cheeks and a deeper version of your own lips when applied lightly to them.

and last but not least:

Lip Plumper by Freeze 24/7 www.freeze247.com - the only plumping lipgloss that I've come across that actually works. It gives glossy, plump flushed lips in seconds.

All the above products I love and use on myself and my clients, I hope you love them as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. that's so cool that you know about hourglass! i looove the brand

    ReplyDelete