Here are the top 10 superfoods and what they mean for your health:
1. Apples: They are packed full of antioxidants and one apple has a quarter of your daily requirement of Vitamin C, essential for healthy skin and gums.
2. Blueberries: These tiny powerhouses are also full of antioxidants and are said to improve micro-circulation which in turn helps with water retention and varicose veins.
3. Broccoli: Two florets of this raw or lightly cooked counts as a full serving of vegetables - one of 5 of your daily fruit and vegetable portions that you should eat. It's a good source of Folate (naturally occuring folic acid) which is thought to be of major benefit in preventing heart disease.
4. Olive Oil: It lowers bad cholesterol levels and increases the good ones. It's also rich in antioxidants and is a large part of the Mediterrean diet, thought to be the most healthy of all diets.
5. Whole Grain Bread: After the no carb revolution you may be relieved to know that Wholegrain bread especially the seeded variety is very good for you. The fibre is essential to maintain a healthy digestive system and the low GI means that it doesn't spike sugar levels and keeps you feeling fuller for longer so helping with weight control.
6. Salmon: Oily fish such as salmon contain omega 3 fats that reduce blood clotting and inflammation. It dramatically reduces the risk of heart attacks and the fats are said to help prevent depression.
7. Yogurt: Is a good source of calcium essential for healthy bones and great for kids who dont like drinking milk. It also contributes to the health of the large intestine and can relieve some gastro-intestinal upsets.
8. Tea: Black or green tea, it doesn't matter - they are both great sources of the antioxidant called catechins. Studies suggest that catechins protect against the formation of sticky blood clots and protect the artery walls from damage therefore helping to protect against heart disease.
9. Brazil Nuts: These are one of the few good sources of selenium which may help to protect against depression, Alzheimers disease and cancer. They are also full of vitamins, minerals and fibre and so are a good all rounder for health purposes.
10.Bananas: Are a great source of potassium which helps to flush out excess water and vitamin B6 which is great for healthy skin and hair. They are also filling and are just enough before exercise to give you a boost of energy.
If you try to incorparate some of these foods into your lifestyle, not just for now but for forever, you should not only feel better but look better too. If you are the kind of person that likes to take supplements too, I highly recommend Glowelle Beauty Drink http://www.glowelle.com/ it's full of vitamins and antioxidants and tastes delicious too!